The Pantone Capture is a tool to control your variables in Screen Printing. It gives you the affirmation that you prepare or print consistency the right pantone color. More about
A common error to look at colors, are the wrong light conditions.
Pantone came up with the simple tool Pantone Lighting Indicator.
It simple shows, if the light conditions are right or wrong.
How many time we see clients are complaining, the screen printed color is not right…did they see it in the right light condition?
Did YOU do your color matching in the right light condition?
Do we work in the right light condition?
When to use this Tool:
1) By Color Matching
2) When we are checking colors
3) To educate your clients (by attaching the indicator to garment)
4) To get the right light condition installed at our workplace
Screen Printing Tools for our variables
And this is important for your color matching to get it right and to keep a record. Color matching is one of the screen printers problem, consistency with colors are only archived with quality tools.
And this is why you should invest in a ~100 USD Scale. Don’t lower yourself, a kitchen Scale is not the same.
When to use the Screen Printing Scale:
1) Preparing your Color Formulas
2) Weight your screen printing ink
3) To keep track on ink consumption
4) For Stock-taking your ink
5) Adding the right amount of additive if needed
The Donut Probe is there to control our dryer temperature, from the beginning to the end.
In Screen Printing we need to control the proper temperature in our dryer. Only the Donut Probe will be able to show us at what time we reached the proper temperature for curing our screen printing ink.
When to use the Donut Probe;
1) To check the dryer Temperature from the inlet to the outlet
2) To spot faulty heat elements in the dryer, by mapping the dryer
3) to enssure that your ink get the proper temperature for the recommended time and please remember, water based ink and plastisol inks cure different.
Plastisol 160C (320F) is in time not the same to water based ink in time, water based screen printing ink takes longer,
The Moisture Meter is a Tool to control our variables in Screen printing. Here i explain how to use The Moisture Meter in Screen Printing and when you are ready to go.
Emulsion should only be developed when it is dry inside.
As it have an impact to the quality and durability of your screen.
When to use the Moisture Meter in Screen Printing;
1) To ceck the huminity level of your emulsion, before you expose your screen.
Screen Printer Tools Lesson
#1 Thermometer & Hygrometer
Here is my latest example of a Darkroom what is copy past to many workshops i visit.